Swim Instructor Job Description
For over 41 years, Sunshine Swim School has been serving our community as Tucson’s premier swim instruction facility. Our proven curriculum has been carefully developed to increase a student’s aquatic knowledge of safety and technical skills, encourage a love of learning, and promote self-esteem. Our students range in age from 6 months to over 80 years and we provide over 60,000 lessons annually. Our team members enjoy a work environment focused on doing “whatever it takes” to provide our students and their families with a fun, positive, life-long learning experience.
Swim Instructor* - If you are committed to the safety of children and have a passion for aquatics, this is the job for you. Previous experience is appreciated but not required since extensive training is provided. As part of teaching lessons of 1-3 students, you will be responsible for managing 20-100 students each session; therefore, you MUST teach an entire session once you are scheduled. Swim Instructors are also eligible to coach Swim Team.
*Applicants with current LG certification, and/or applicants available during the weekday hours of 7:45am to 2:15pm or 1:45pm to 8:45pm will be given priority consideration (shifts are Monday and Wednesday AND/OR Tuesday and Thursday AND/OR Saturdays).
- The safety of each of your students
- Teach swim lessons
- Opening set-up and closing cleaning duties
- Keep daily student attendance records, take underwater photographs, write progress reports for each student, and distribute student certificates
- Maintain current Red Cross lifeguard certification**
- Participation in scheduled advanced trainings
- Other tasks as assigned
**The completion of Lifeguard Certification is the responsibility of each of the instructor candidates and must be completed by the time swim instructor training is finished.
Some things you should know:
- Sunshine Swim School is a family owned business and EVERY member of our team plays a crucial role in the success of our students and our staff
- As a part of the Sunshine team, respect is earned and egos are checked at the door; the environment you work in is directly related to the effort you put into your team
- All new team members must complete the training, regardless of experience
- Reliability is expected and initiative is encouraged
- All positions are seasonal, our season is February to October
- Most positions are part-time
- Staff meetings are mandatory for all staff members
THANK YOU for considering Sunshine Swim School a part of your career path!